Contractual Requirement - Statement of Intent
Offering and promoting Patient Online services by March 2015
Practice contact details
Surgery Name: Hamdon Medical Centre
Address: Matts Lane, Stoke sub Hamdon, Somerset, TA14 6QE
Telephone: 01935 822236
Email Address: Kerrie.Middleton@hamdonmc.nhs.uk
Clinical system details
GP System Supplier - EMIS
GP System Version - Web
GMS / PMS 2014-15 Contractual Requirement for Patient online Services
It is a contractual requirement for GP practices to offer and promote to patients: online booking of appointments, ordering of repeat prescriptions and by 31st of March 2015 access to summary information (as a minimum) in their patient record. If you need any guidance, advice or support please visit NHS England’s Patient Online Programme’s web pages for more information http://www.england.nhs.uk/ourwork/pe/patient-online/
Patient online access
(GMS Schedule 6, part 5, new paragraph 74C, PMS Schedule 5, part 5, paragraph 70D)
1. Patients at this practice can book appointments online.
2. Patients at this practice can order their repeat prescriptions online.
3. Patients at this practice can access summary information from their medical record online.
4. Patient records are transferred using GP2GP facility
5. Information is uploaded to the Summary Care Record on a daily basis (for records of patients opted into this element)
6. If ‘No’ to questions 3-5 above what plans are in place to enable this facility by 31 March 2015 (subject to systems/software availability)?
This practice plans to offer patients facilities to view on line, export or print any summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions and any other items agreed between the practice and individual patient, from 1 February 2015, subject to the availability of supporting guidance, NHS GP systems and software.
We will publicise and promote our online services to our practice patients through the practice website, practice waiting room leaflets, posters and the Patient Participation Group by 1 February 2015.
Agree the initial small group of patients to use access to records
Write up practice policies and internal staff awareness sessions
Prepare promotion and information activities for the patients
Review any nationally provided supportive material from RCGP/NHS England
Train relevant staff for access (i.e. reception)
Commence summary information access to records for patients in practice who request this
Publicise online services to patients through website and PPG
February 2015 onwards
Signed … KAMiddleton …………………………. Kerrie Middleton
Title Practice Manager………………………………..